Az Ayers Rock, más néven Uluru egy óriási homokkősziklatö Ausztrália közepén, az Északi területen.A legközelebbi nagyváros az innen északkeletre fekvő Alice Springs.Az Uluru és a Kata Tjuta (az Olgák) az Uluru - Kata Tjuta Nemzeti Park két legfontosabb látnivalója. két legfontosabb látnivalója.
Aboriginal rock paintings are a fun way and tell the stories of the Autralian continent Jan 20, 2012 - Australian aboriginal art has been around for many years. Explore
Cultural tours of Ayers Rock tours with Aboriginal guides, known as Anangu Tours, are very popular. They go from Yulara, and include sunrise breakfasts with views of the striking attraction. Visitors are led along the ancient Liru Walk while they learn all about the Aboriginals'' ancestors, including Lungkata, the Blue Tongue Lizard Man.
Located in the heart of Australia''s iconic Red Centre, Ayers Rock Resort offers a host of accommodation options, from luxurious hotels to outback campsites. More than 100 unique experiences let guests customize an unforgettable holiday unlike anywhere else in
· Uluru, or Ayers Rock, is the massive natural sandstone monolith standing at the sacred heart of Australia''s Northern Territory''s ''Red Centre'' and after years of abuse, now, ancient Aboriginal rock art at the base of Uluru has been vandalized with vegetable oil. ...
The area around Ulu r u was settled thousands of years ago, and although it was ''discovered'' by the white man in the 1800s, Uluru and Aboriginal culture are very much entwined today. In fact, Ulu r u (Ayers Rock) is sacred to the local Pitjantjatjara tribe that live here. It was said to have come about during the much fabled Dreamtime.
· Uluru/Ayers Rock, giant monolith, one of the tors (isolated masses of weathered rock) in southwestern Northern Territory, central Australia. It has long been revered by a variety of Australian Aboriginal peoples of the region, who call it Uluru. It is oval in shape and rises 1,142 feet above the surrounding desert.
Both Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta have great cultural significance for the Anangu traditional landowners. Self discover or take guided Uluru (Ayers Rock) tours that inform about the local flora and fauna, bush foods and the Aboriginal Dream time stories of the area.
In 1985, the Commonwealth Government handed the Ayers Rock (Uluru) National Park back to its traditional Aboriginal owners, and in 1986 park management was transferred from the Conservation Commission of the Northern Territory to the Australian National
Ayers Rock was the most widely used name until 1993, when the rock was officially renamed Ayers Rock / Uluru – the first feature in the Northern Territory to be given dual names. In 2002 these names were reversed at the request of the Regional Tourism Association in Alice Springs and the rock took on the official name of Ulu r u / Ayers Rock, which it still has today.
The Ayers Rock Resort is committed to training Aboriginal employees, who today make up 39 percent of its staff. A job is guaranteed for any indigenous Australian who wants one, and 55 Aboriginal ...
In October 2018 Parks Australia banned public access to the summit of Ayers Rock/Uluru for spurious safety and environmental reasons and contested cultural claims.They ignored the views of Aboriginal elders who had been born at the Rock, who had acted as ...
· We always have to keep in mind that a Documentary, after all, can tell lies and it can tell lies because it lays claim to a form of veracity which fiction do...
· There are five things that the average person probably doesn''t know about Ayers Rock''s Aboriginal name. Uluru, which is also popularly known as Ayers Rock, is the rock''s Aboriginal name. Ayers Rock is located in the south of the Australian outback, in the Northern Territory..
Der Uluru (Pitjantjatjara: Uluṟu) [ulu''ɹu], englischer Kolonialname Ayers Rock, offiziell Uluru / Ayers Rock, ist ein Inselberg in der zentralaustralischen Wüste, der sich ca. 350 m über sein Umland erhebt fgrund seiner spirituellen Relevanz für die Traumzeit-Erzählungen gilt er den lokalen Aborigines, den Anangu, als Heiliger Berg.
Walk the perimeter of mighty Uluru and discover ancient rock art and markings that tell the story of Anangu culture and history. Join local indigenous guides on the Lungkata Walk, which brings to life Kuniya Tjukurpa, the great battle between Kuniya (woman python) and Liru (poisonous snake man), and then finish your walk at a sacred waterhole.
Uluru/Ayers Rock & Kata Tjuta Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park in the Northern Territory is home to the iconic monolith and world''s most famous rock Uluru. Located in the heart of the Australian Outback Red Centre, the Ayers Rock (Uluru) and the Olgas (Kata Tjuta) are sights to behold.
Join our renown dot-painting experience (ideal for individuals and small groups) or combine different cultural activities into your own exclusive experience (ideal for larger groups and teams). Create your exclusive tailor-made experience. Our offerings include dance ...
Ayers Rock is also known by its Aboriginal name ''Uluru''. It is a sacred part of Aboriginal creation mythology, or dreamtime- reality being a dream. Uluru is considered one of the great wonders of the world and one of Australia''s most recognizable natural icons. Uluru is a large magnetic mound large not unlike Silbury Hillin England.
Ayers Rock holds spiritual significance for the Aboriginal people. Shutterstock. Ayers Rock — or Ulu r u, the name given to it by Aboriginal people — and its surrounding area were settled long before British and European explorers ever set foot on the land. And not by a small margin.
· This large sandstone monolith was given the name Ayers Rock at the end of the 19th Century. The surrounding land later became an Aboriginal reserve. Only in 1985 was the land finally handed back to the Aborigines.
· Ayers Rock is now a no go for Google. The indigenous Anangu people and Parks Australia have ruled the location off limits for virtual explorers. ABC News reports that "360-degree images of the summit of Uluru" were available via the search engine giant.
Uluru, or Ayers Rock as it is known to the western world, holds significance for Australians both of Aboriginal and European descent. Located at the heart of the Australian continent and measuring 10 km around and 348 ft high, it dominates the surrounding ...
Bei den Aborigines ist der Ayers Rock unter dem Namen Uluru bekannt und stellt ein besonders wichtiges Symbol ihrer Kultur und Geschichte dar. Zahlreiche Legenden ranken sich um den heiligen Berg und die spirituelle Bedeutung vom Ayers Rock für das Volk ist sehr groß.
In 1873, surveyor William Gosse sighted ''the Rock'' and in honour of the then Chief Secretary of South Australia Sir Henry Ayers, named it Ayers Rock. It wasn''t until 1993 that Ulu r u became the first icon in Australia to be given back its Aboriginal name and making it the first official dual-named feature in the Northern Territory .
Locally known as ''The Rock'', Ayers Rock is a single stone, larger than an island, lies in the Great Western Desert close to the geographic center of Australia. It has another name, a name of towering antiquity, a name from before the ice ages and a name associated with the giant devil dingo, which some believe dwells somewhere on the crest of what the aborigines call "Uluru".
In 1873, the explorer William Gosse became the first non-Aboriginal person to see Uluru. He named it Ayers Rock after Sir Henry Ayers, the Chief Secretary of South Australia at the time. Ayers Rock was the most widely used name until 1993, when the rock was officially renamed Ayers Rock / Ulu r u – the first feature in the Northern Territory to be given dual names.
· Uluru is sacred to the Pitjantjatjara Anangu, the Aboriginal people of the area. The area around the formation is home to an abundance of springs, waterholes...
Aboriginal Homelands Experience from Ayers Rock including Sunset cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.